Are you and your husband considered "normal"? Or maybe, you are considered to be "weird".
You see, according to the world, it is "normal" to be unhappy in your marriage until you go your separate ways. On the other hand, it is considered "weird" to stick together even through the hard times.
Today, I am sharing some verses that you can pray over your marriage. It is my hope that you find comfort and strength from them.
Verses For Your Marriage
1. Romans 12:10 GNT Love one another warmly as Christians, and be eager to show respect for one another.
Dear Father, help me to always make my husband and our marriage a priority. Help me to show him the love and respect that he deserves. Help me to be more like You. In Jesus' name, Amen.
2. Romans 12:15 NIRV Be joyful with those who are joyful. Be sad with those who are sad.
Dear Father, please help me to be my husband's biggest cheerleader. When he has something worth celebrating, let me be the first to start the celebrations. However, when he is feeling down, let me be the one that is there to listen to him and comfort him. Thank You for all that You do. In Jesus' name, Amen.
3. Song of Solomon 2:15 ERV Catch the foxes for us -- the little foxes that spoil the vineyard. Our vineyard is now in bloom.
Dear Father, please help me to be ever on the alert for the "little foxes" in our marriage. Help me to be a source of positivity towards my husband and try not to allow the negative influences into our marriage . Thank You for all that You do. In Jesus' name, Amen.
4. Romans 12:2 NIRV Don't live any longer the way this world lives. Let your way of thinking be completely changed. Then you will be able to test what God wants for you. And you will agree that what He wants is right. His plan is good and pleasing and perfect.
Dear Father, please help our marriage to not be what is considered to be normal. Help us not to live as the world lives where the couple is unhappy and ends up getting divorvce. Let our way of thinking be completely changed so we will know what You want for us and our marriage. Help us to be in agreement with You in that Your way is always right, Father. Your plan for us and our marriage is good, pleasing and perfect. Thank You for all that You do. In Jesus' name, Amen.
5. Philippians 4:4 NIRV Always be joyful because you belong to the Lord. I will say it again. Be joyful.
Dear Father, thank You for all that You do. Please help me and my husband to always be joyful because of You. No matter what struggles or difficulties we face, help us to lean on You and always be joyful because we know that our trials are only temporary. In Jesus' name, Amen.
6. Philippians 4:5 NIV Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near.
Dear Father, thank You for putting my husband in my life. Father, please help me to always be compassionate towards him. Help me to be loving, gentle, kind, considerate of him and of his needs. Thank You for all that You do. In Jesus' name, Amen.
7. 1 Corinthians 16:14 CEV Show love in everything you do.
Father, please help me to always be loving towards my husband. Help me to show him love even when I don't feel like it. I want to be as loving, compassionate and forgiving towards him as You are towards me. Thank You for all that You have done. In Jesus' name, Amen.
If you enjoyed this post, you might also enjoy the post I shared last week.
7 Verses To Pray Over Your Marriage
Do you have struggles in your marriage? What do you and your husband do when things are hard? Do you have any tips that you can share?
How can I pray for you today? Please respond below.
Have a blessed day,